It has been quite sometime since my last post, life has a funny way of happening all at once. What is that saying when it rains it pours? Well then I may have been hit with a monsoon!
We have just started to Finally settle into our new home and are getting back into our old routines, including making home cooked meals. This salad is not only one of Popeye's favourite's but Mitchie's too! He would probably eat this everyday if he had it his way!
Simple Spinach Salad
- 1 Bunch of BabySpinach cleaned & dried
- 8 Mushrooms thinnly sliced
- 4 Hard boiled eggs (1/person) sliced
- 3/4 Cup Mozzeralla Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Red onion finely shopped
- 4 Strips of Bacon cooked extra crispy, then chopped finely
You can arrange the salad 2 ways:
1.In a large bowl place spinach on the bottom and layer with all other ingredients. Then toss with dressing.
2. Have everything chopped up and ready to go (as seen in photo) and have each individual build their own salad depending on their own tastes. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP of honey
- 1/2 Tsp oregano
- 1 small clove of garlic minced
- Chilli Flakes to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients togehter just before tossing salad.