Monday, March 14, 2011

Missing Maui


I've been home from Hawaii for just over 3 weeks now. The tan has definitely faded and happy hour is a distant memory. Although there are flowers blooming here, I can't help but feel like I could use a good, long dose of sun.

This prompted me to make a bright and colourful meal with Island flare. And brought my own sun in...if only on my plate!



Pineapple Salsa

Elements

  • 1 can pineapple tidbits, with a 1 Tbsp juice reserved
  • 1/4 cup Red pepper finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup Red onion
  • 1 Tsp Lime juice
  • Handful fresh Cilantro
  • 1 small Garlic clove
  • Heat; jalapeno, hot sauce, etc to taste
  • S&P

Add all ingredients to food processor, except Red Pepper. I also reserved a 1/2 cup of the pineapple to allow for a more chunkier salsa. Once ingredients in processor have reached a desired consistency, combine with red pepper and reserved pineapple.

I used the salsa over Tilapia (a mild white fish) and served on a bed of rice with a side green salad for a complete meal. 

We also enjoyed the salsa with taco chips later on its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment